(erielack) RE: 74, meat, run thrus

Paul,

Just speculation, but I vaguely recall being told that the primary CBQ / BN
connection to NE74 was from Kansas City.  That would arguably be an evening
departure.  I do recall seeing NE74 at the time with meat reefers and
refrigerated trailers; not many, maybe 4 to 8.

Were the EL power pools via Chicago (BN, RI) an attempt at faster service
thru Chicago, or more an equipment efficiency arrangement (as with the PC
pools thru Maybrook then later Utica)?

Jim Gerofsky