(erielack) Correction, Re: Advance 100

Jim and Group,

Advance sections of NY-100 also operated fairly regularly in the first half of 1974 when PC's terminal contractor Penn Truck Lines was having labor problems. They would begin loading it in the morning and complete the job after breaking to unload CX-99. This advance train would depart in the afternoon assuming crew and power were available. Presumably there were also extra sections of  wb counterpart NY-99. I don't think NE-74 was part of the "meat initiative" as it's scheduled mid-morning Chicago departure was too early for most of the meat trailers received from connections.

Paul B

From: "JG at graytrainpix" <graytrainpix_@_hotmail.com>
Subject: (erielack) Correction, Re: Advance 100

How wrong we all can be.  Well, me anyway.  Right after I wrote-in about how
the Advance 100 operation was gone by Summer, 1969, I looked thru my old
"trainspotter" notes and saw an entity for Advance 100 by Rutherford Jct. at
6:45 PM on Friday, Aug. 15, 1969 (3610 and 3609 for power).  FYI, there was
a BT - Maybrook Ordinary (which became NE-99 at Maybrook, after a pickup at
the BT Passaic Jct. interchange with the NYS&W) west that night at 7:30 PM
with the 3607 and 3608.

Still, I don't think that Advance 100 was a regular operation by that time.
The big thing that summer was the CB&Q power pool on NE-74 (going back on
NY-99).  Perhaps that was part of the EL's "meat traffic initiative" of
1969.

Jim Gerofsky