RE: (erielack) The Hayshaker

Paul and Listers,

  When I just started out as a dispatcher on EL we had  1/671, 2/671 and 1671 all working the NY&NY.  I can't remember for sure when 1/671 went on duty but I thought it was around 7am.  The second went on duty about 10 am  and 1671 went on duty around 8 am.  1671 brough some cars out to Hackensack for 2/671 (usally about 20-30 cars.  The rest of the train went north (about 15 cars or so).

  The various leads around Hackensack were divided up between the 671 jobs and one job worked Teteboro and the Ford lead specifically.

  One job or the other derailed a car at least once or twice a week and we were always calling for the carmen's road truck out of Croxton to get things cleaned up.  I believe it was Steve Chameese (if the spelling is correct) who was in charge of the carmen in Croxton.

  Rich

"Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com> wrote:
  One thing I didn't realize until Paul B. mentioned it was that there was a "south end" Hayshaker (Train 671). So why did the "north" end train 1671 warrant not one, but TWO dedicated cabooses (and they were stencilled as such - one, a Keyser Valley caboose (C873?) with "NJNY 1671" lettering and the other a Dunmore (C150?) with "NJNY SERVICE ONLY" sublettering)

It certainly sounds like a "classic" local, one that would make for a great operating session.

- - Paul