RE: (erielack) Erie Railroad buys two more Oil Electric Locomotives, Plus more catching up

Oh, good, a question I can answer!  Thanks to Bob Yanosey's terrific ERIE Facilities book.

> did the Erie have any towers with the call signs....
>
> S D
> E J
> WC - yes, Waldwick is the easy answer, but also West Carbondale on the Jeff Division, and West
Salamanca, where the Dunkirk branch left the main.  West Carbondale is easy to get to "WC," but the
West Salamaca is a bit harder.  West salamanCa?

> if so where were those towers and what did they govern
>
> second
>
> The tower in Hammond , IN that is still standing was that an
> Erie tower or an Indiana Harbor Belt tower?

I believe that's an ERIE facility.  There's a good article in a recent Diamond . . .

SGL