RE: (erielack) Post EL Freight Activity - North Jersey - 1978

> I was looking back at the photo archives from 2003 and I saw
> a picture of one of the last through freights on the Boonton
> line in August of 1978. It was labeled as TV98. Was this the
> only daily freight over the Lackawanna Cutoff during the
> summer of that year? Or was this just a one time detour? Was
> TV-98 scheduled to mostly operate on the Erie side??

All my shots of TV-98 show it taking the Erie side, so this one might have
been a detour.

Shots in my collection of trains over the Boonton Line from 4/1/76 to 8/78
are:

CS-9 (ubiquitous!)
IHB-7
NY-72
HB-91
BH-4
HB-3
HB-1
FM-4

Of course, many of these trains were quickly terminated after CR, and the
only three that seemed to run towards the end were the first three: CS-9,
IHB-7 and NY-72 - two westbound and one eastbound.

End of EL Mail List Digest V3 #1970