(erielack) Post-EL FReightActivity-North Jersey-1978

I concur with Paul that the TV's generally operated on the Erie side unless
there was a detour. It appears that they were longer than the 99/100's; this
one was 72 cars and had probably set out TOFC at Elmira, and I saw TV-77 at
Hornell in 1977 with 80 cars. The power was almost identical, four EMD's.
There's another typo: should be TV98, not RV98.

Paul B

I was looking back at the photo archives from 2003 and I saw a picture of
one
of the last through freights on the Boonton line in August of 1978. It was
labeled as TV98. Was this the only daily freight over the Lackawanna Cutoff
during the summer of that year? Or was this just a one time detour? Was
TV-98
scheduled to mostly operate on the Erie side??

http://www.railfan.net/lists/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-05-21-03/TV98.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Steve