Re: (erielack) wires down at summit in 71; picking interlocking machines

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-11-06

EL_Lake_Cities_MU_Summit_NJ_Dec1969_cW.jpg (image/jpeg, 1024x676 127383 bytes, BF: 5.43 ppb)

Len and all,

Len's recounting of the close call at Summit brings back many fond memories
I have spending hours with Len in the Summit tower.  Len was fine towerman
and his focus was always to get the trains over the road, if sometimes a bit
unorthodox. He knew his stuff!

I have posted a photo I took at Summit one very wintery morning during the
last month of operation of No.6.  The photo shows No.6 pulling into Summit
with the P&D train No.410 (I think) on the P&D wall track waiting for No.6
to depart.

William E. Botkin
Centennial, CO