Re: (erielack) picking interlocking machines

As #6
>went by on it's way up the cutoff, the old engineer came on  the radio &
>said
>"I can't steer this thing, bub'. I gave him  the reverse dwarf & he backed
>up
>then I sent him the proper  way.

Walt---

Sounds like something that Pete Hoover would have said...........Pete  worked
Meadville to Kent on passenger in the 60's to the end, then  retired.  He
started when the Erie was running westbounds via the B&LE  from French Creek (FC)
to Shenango (XN).

As far as your mention of the glass doors and JPS-----

I was only in the 5th floor DS once or twice.  When I hired out, they  had
moved to the 6th floor, believe that happened in about 1963 when UK  Salamanca
moved to YO.  I could hear JPS scream now---in that High C voice  of
his........  As information, John finally got married when he  was about 65 years old
and moved to Meadville.  He lived in a nice  home on Rt 322 at the top of the
hill just west of I-79, between the cemetery  and the Meadville Mall.  John
passed away only a few years ago.  A  real good guy to work for.

SMT