(erielack) The end is near for the ex EL/NJDOT Comet I's

I noticed when I was in Hoboken last week that the 1600/1700 original low
level comet I's are now assembling on B yard near the new Hoboken engine
house.....There have to be at least 30 cars there....Some inside sources tell me that
they will all be retired by the end of this year since they aren't ADA
compliant! Go out and get your photos now, that is if Bober's forces don't stop you!

They are the last connections to the EL being built between 1971-1973. Don't
know how much longer the cab cars will be in service for.....

Here is a sad picture from railroad.net
http://www.railfanwindow.com/gallery/album233/IMG_4387

Steve P.