Re: (erielack) Caption?

Lynne,

Welcome to ELHTS. Those "Wickerliners" as some called them certainly hold
their piece of history. A friend of mine from Far Hills, NJ, rode the MUs into
Manhattan and said that she always carried an extra pair of stockings in her bag
because she knew she'd be a daily victim of "Rattan Rippings".

We talked about that the other day and she verified her recollections. She
and her family still have their home in Far Hills and she, aside from the wicker
seats, has good memories of Erie Lackawanna. These days, riding NJT, things
are better but she misses the feeling of "the railroad".

One of the things that railway historical societies attempt to do is to
document the relationship between the railway and the locations it served. I'm
certain that your historical society in Short Hills has much that will enhance
what we attempt to do, which is to preserve and document the history of Erie
Lackawanna and it's predecessors, Delaware, Lackawanna & Western and the Erie
Railroad.

Welcome aboard, Lynne.

All the best,

Rick Sedlisky
Secretary
Erie Lackawanna Historical & Technical Society

End of EL List Daily V3 #1801