Re: (erielack) Erie Steam

I recall Erie steam at the passenger station in Youngstown, Ohio in
the 1940s and 1950. My father and I visited the station from time to
time when we were in downtown. My most vivid memory is of an Erie
steam locomotive headed east. The drive wheels were taller and I and
steam seemed to hiss out from mystical locations around the wheels. It
was most like a monster breathing and hissing. quite a frightful and
magnificent thing. As it departed the station, it exuded three long
"choos" then about four or five short "choos". A real beast

JB Ipe