Re: (erielack) pecking order/members ages

In a message dated 8/22/2005 11:05:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ed_mines_@_yahoo.com writes:

> Are there any other group members who actually saw Erie steam?

Yes, I did in Caldwell as a very young boy. My mother's youngest brother, Ted
Coen, had a Model A Ford which he tinkered with often. On several occasions
when Uncle Ted had 'er purrin' he'd plop me in the rumble seat and head out to
Caldwell to look at the steamers. I was only four or five years old at the
time so the memories are vague but they still stick in my mind. We lived in West
Orange near Highland Avenue Station and I'm sure I saw Lackawanna steam but
can only recall seeing one steamer on a work train.

Al Holleuffer