Re: (erielack) The Diamond / West-End questions...

Paul,

If you are seriously interested in the relationships you mention, I
strongly suggest reading Erie Lackawanna: The West End Volume 1 by
Bernie Stennstorm published by the ELHS. Although I found it a tad
difficult to read at times, Bernie did a wonderful job researching the
book (actually two books combined if I remember correctly). Although it
ends at the Erie outright absorption of the C&E into the Erie, most of
the relationships you ponder had already been established by that time.
It is also profusely illustrated with enough maps to satisfy even this
map geek.

Will