(erielack) RE: How many work for a railroad?

Intresting question... "I have always wondered why management often looks down upon employees who are fans. (One  manager at Metra refers to fans as "FRNs" (that is F[reaking] Rail Nuts)). This attitude has always surprised me. Certainly GM and Ford do not feel this  way about their employees. I know a number of airline (and bus) employees  and their employers do not shown this type of animosity toward them. So why railfans?"
Hmmmmm I may be a little off here, but could it be you never see an airplane fan with a TWA shirt standing in the middle of an active runway attempting to get that "Perfect photo"! Or a bus fan with a Grayhound hat turned backwards hanging from a highway overhead sign waiting for a 1950's restored bus to travel down your local highway?  :o)
Hee Hee...
Todd (ELHS 1318)