(erielack) DAYTON HILL - all caps

Pure speculation on my part, but I'd assume that the days of telegraphs and
Morse Code had something to do with the standard of using all caps.  In my
(very limited) recollection of Morse Code there is only one code per letter
- - no distinguishing upper and lower case.  Telegrams were also always caps.
I'm sure this was to keep the systems simple.

GIVEN THE INTERTWINING OF TELEGRAPHY WITH RR COMMUNICATION, THE STANDARD OF
ALL CAPS SEEMS LOGICAL TO ME. (and no, I'm not "yelling")

Apologies if someone already made the connection - I'm late to this
discussion thread.

Dick Honeyman
2904