RE: (erielack) Odd signal

The Newark Bay Drawbridge accident?  There are several online sources that
dael with it.

- -----Original Message-----
From: erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.elhts.org]On Behalf Of Walter Smith
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:03 PM
To: erie910_@_fastmail.fm; Charles_Walsh@Berlex.com
Cc: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net; erielack-owner@lists.elhts.org;
njnyrr_@_optonline.net; paultup@optonline.net; sunderhj@att.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) Odd signal

Quite correct, Charles,

These rules pertain on all RRs in thte NJ/NY area except for the Jersey
Central where, after receiving the home signal at drawbridges, you can
advance the throttle to #8 and run thru the derails, signals & proceed
thence across the ties & off the end of the open bridge.
  Just kidding of course.......does anyone on the list remember this
wreck?????? I don't think they ever figured what happened - the engr &
freman were both killed.
Regards
Walt Smith