RE: (erielack) Re: [DelawareLackawanna] Tom Taber program, Sunday afternoon, August 14, and...

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Steve.  I went to the program today and saw
Tom Taber for the first time.  For about a half hour, he spoke about his
teenage experiences with the railroad where he grew up in Madison.  Then he
put on three reels of movies that dated back to the 1930's on the
Lackawanna.  Although some of the images were a little dark, making it
difficult to see the running gear on the steam engines, the film quality was
actually quite good and some wonderful images were played out on the silver
screen.  My personal favorite was the cab ride (STEAM, OF COURSE!!!) out the
Old Road through Oxford and Manunka Chunk tunnels.  The footage of the milk
trains was especially good, too.  If you missed it, you may not be totally
out of luck.  He was talking about having the films transferred to DVD in
the future (he estimates maybe about a year from now).

Tom Schmieder