RE: (erielack) If you thought NJT restrictions on photography are tough, watc...

Dear Mike,

You're correct if you see that the camera is hidden.  I think what Bill is
saying is that you try not to be obvious about it.  In most cases, nobody's
watching.  But either way, no crime has been committed...and that's what
needs to be remembered.

Chuck

                      "Michael Steinberg"
                      <u34ch_@_sbcglobal.ne
                      t>                  To:     <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 RE: (erielack) If you thought NJT restrictions on photography are tough, watc...

                      07/24/2005 06:47 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Michael Steinberg"

Woah! Careful with some of that advise! As a railroader, I can tell you
that
if I see someone concealing a camera, and then they whip it out quickly to
take a photo, I'm on the phone with the dispatcher immediately. I'm less
likely to be concerned if someone is being an "obvious" railfan, camera(s)
around their necks, waiting for the perfect shot (or taking a photo of the
headlights from 1/2 mile away)

Acting suspicious is not the way to not look suspicious!

Mike Steinberg
BNSF, St. Louis, MO