Re: (erielack) If you thought NJT restrictions on photography are tough, watc...

Bill,

Good advice that you have given here.  Question:  have you encountered any
situations where you were harassed or had to duck for cover?

Chuck

                      TrainGG1_@_aol.com
                      Sent by:
                      erielack-owner_@_list To:     STEVEZ10@aol.com
                      s.elhts.org                 paultup_@_lucent.com
                                                  erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                                          cc:
                      07/24/2005 06:35 PM Subject:
                      Please respond to           Re: (erielack) If you thought NJT restrictions on photography are tough, watc...
                      TrainGG1

The increased security around rail facilities has scared some of the fans
off -- but NOT me. ("I am NOT afraid!") This has required more vigilance in

taking pictures. Do not park you auto in such a place where "that car" can
be
associated with "that photographer." Also, bring along a change of clothing

(shirts, hats) and do not make it obvious you are taking pictures until you

actually take one. (My camera is easily hidden under my shirt or in my
pocket.)
It is also a good idea not to just "hang out" at any given location for
prolonged periods of time...keep moving around.

Railfanning is NOT a crime and we must not cow-tow to the fears of being
"caught" pursuing our hobby. Unfortunately the measures outlined above have

become necessary to avoid being hassled by local authorities -- but it will

eliminate most questions and allow the police to actual pursue someone who
is
actually doing something illegal (like robbing or raping) as opposed to
clamping
down on photographers.

Bill Shapotkin