Re: (erielack) Paint for E. Stroudsburg Tower, et al

For what it's worth, it's probably a long-shot, but you could contact the
folks at Penn-Jersey Rail Coalition, as they were involved in the repaint
of the tower itself back in the late 1980s.  I did some of the painting
myself, but I wasn't involved in the choice of paints.  As far as I know,
Steamtown did an analysis of the different coats of paint on the structure
and came up with the original colors that were beneath all the rest.

                      William Shultz
                      <wshultz1_@_twcny.rr.co
                      m>                    To:     Ossroy_@_cs.com
                      Sent by:              cc:     erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                      erielack-owner_@_lists. Subject:
                      railfan.net                   Re: (erielack) Paint for E. Stroudsburg Tower, et al

                      03/01/2005 02:25 PM
                      Please respond to
                      William Shultz

Roy,

Even if someone tells you exactly what paint to use, it is so variable
what with the effects of weathering. Do you want to paint it to look
like it just had a fresh coat applied or how it looked after a couple of
years exposure?

Start with a dark green and red and lighten or darken it from there. No
one will ever agree with your choice and no one and everyone will be
correct depending on when they saw it or saw this color shifted picture
or that color shifted picture. Start within reason of course. BN green
is probably not a good place, Likewise, CP red wouldn't be either. paint
it the way it looks good to you, that's what counts.

Will Shultz
ELH&TS #1

Ossroy_@_cs.com wrote:
> I'd like to paint my E. Stroudsburg Tower model in the green and
maroon/red paint scheme. Does anyone have any recommendation on colors and
brands? Thanks.