Re: (erielack) Lackawanna ferry terminal?

There is definitely nothing left at Barclay St.  I was there Dec 24, 2001.

I will probably be in Manhattan on Friday and will check 13th st.  The DLW
had a ferry from 14th St Hoboken that ended service early in WWII when the
Navy took over the area near Hoboken slips.  There is nothing left in
Hoboken; new apartment towers are served by a new Waterways ferry but it's
all new.

- --- Don Kern <doubletrack_@_comcast.net> wrote:
> It Could be although its been 35 years since EL stopped service That the
> Barclay St Ferry slips might still exist,
>
> "David J. Monte Verde" wrote:
>
> > I was in NY City this weekend, and I was driving along the Hudson
> >  River on 11 Ave. by West 13th Street, and I saw a facade that looked
> > like an entrance to a ferry terminal, and I could make out some
> > lettering that looked like Lackawanna, was this indeed a Lackawanna
> > ferry terminal?
> > Regards David MV

=====
Gary R. Kazin