(erielack) Hampton Lackawanna "hole in the wall" to be demolished

This was posted to Hampton, NJ town website a while back. This NW NJ Lackawanna
"hole in the wall" bridges is to be demolished this summer.
I drove past this site last week, and didn't notice any activity yet, but "get
you photos now!"

This got me thinking: what other EL "hole in the wall" bridges are there still
around? By this I mean a stone arch bridge. Andover is the classic example. I
can think of:

Andover
Foul Rift vicinity
any others on the "old road?"

January 22, 2002
                     Lackawanna Stone Culvert Coming
                     Down

                     The Borough has won a $135,000 grant
                     from NJ DOT to assist in the cost of taking
                     down the old Lackawanna stone culvert that
                     sits just off of Route 31 on Lackawanna
                     Street. This culvert, constructed in the
                     1800s, was once part of a railroad line that
                     traveled through the Borough, but recently it
                     has become clear that the old stone
                     construction must come down for safety
                     purposes. The Borough Council is committed
                     to seeing that the great old stones used in this
                     construction can be reused in other projects
                     in town. The project will begin 2002.

Note: This was also posted to the CNJRR list the other day...