Re: (erielack) Seacaucus Transfer news...

List,
As someone who passes the Secaucus Transfer five days a week, I haven't
seen any news items for a long time.  Does anyone have an update on when
it might be open or the "new cars" that are supposed to be put on the
Port Jervis to Hoboken trains?

They just put a "new" head end commuter car on the 6:00 AM train out of
Salisbury Mills.  You could not see out any of the windows (worse than
usual) and the seats had "butt indentations" that had to be at least
forty years old!

I was standing in the vestibule last week as we were coming into
Salisbury Mills and as I was looking out over the viaduct, I saw what
looked like a right of way more than half way across.  Is it an ROW and
if it is, could this be the Newburgh branch of the Erie? I've tried
following it in the past but lost track of it coming out of
Washingtonville (no pun intended.)

Thanks
Mike