(erielack) Re: Flatiron building

What's the connection with Erie?

In Hungerford's 'Men of Erie' there is a photo of "New York in the 90's (that's 1890's).
The Erie ticket office at Broadway and 23rd Street in 1893, site of the present Flatiron
building."

Interesting looking building.  Is there any other info available on this anywhere?
Plans, drawings, more photos??