RE: (erielack) Mystery Engine at Andover Junction

I love puzzles!

I think this is one of the Erie's former GP-9's (not GP-7), and here's the
reasoning why:

1. The dynamic brakes.
2. The position of the EL lettering on the hood. You'll notice that the
"ERIE" starts off under the intake louvers at the long hood end of the unit,
and continue to just at the cab edge of the dynamic brake blister.

If you'll take a look at a regular dynamic-brake GP7:

http://gelwood.railfan.net/loco/el1218l.jpg

You'll see the "ERIE" doesn't even come close to those intake screens up top
(plus, they didn't letter across those louvers!).

The GP9s all had their roadnames "offset" to the long hood end - it wasn't
centered - to account for all those louvers:

http://gelwood.railfan.net/loco/1260.jpg

As to WHICH GP-9 it is, can't help you there... :(

	- Paul