(erielack) PRR T&HS convention - *ALL EL-RELATED* :)

Folks,

	I have returned from four days out in the Harrisburg, PA area at the
PRRT&HS convention (no, I'm not a member, but a friend of mine is, and it's
always good to keep tabs on 'the enemy' ;)  Surprisingly, there's a lot of
EL related info to report:

	* I picked up at the vendor room a set of new HO scale Branchline
Trains Buffalo Creek 40' boxcars - VERY NICE! DL&W and EL modelers will need
a whole bunch of these.
	* I also got several nice B&W prints from Rich Burg, who gave me
permission to post some of the list to share with list members. There are
two really neat shots of Erie gons, one being a former high-side gon that
was retrofitted with hopper doors (and had an "H" prefix added to the
roadnumber, I guess to differentiate the hopper version from the gondola
version of these cars?)  I will scan the pictures later tonight.
	* There was a layout tour on Sunday of an excellent 1" live steam
railroad, PRR-oriented (obviously) but there was a nicely done DL&W gondola
with steel load running around on it (photos to follow!)
	* The DL&W drop-frame hopper that was sitting at Enola for the
longest time with "Save for Tri-State Rwy. Hist. Soc" stencilling on it is
GONE! Nowhere to be found! (unless they buried it deep in the yard
somewhere). Does anyone know the disposition of this car?
	* The Society honored photographers Bob Wood and Bob Malinoski for
their lifetime achievements in photographing the PRR. Bob Malinoski, as most
of you know, was a lifetime Erie/EL/CR employee, and was very well known for
his Erie/EL work as well. Yesterday (Sunday, May 5) was declared "Bob
Malinoski Day" in Harrisburg by decree of the Mayor, a nice honor. Bob's
nephew spoke for him (saying that a recent health issue prevents him from
speaking for extended periods of time), and told how the family thought he
was a "nut case" when he'd pull out train slides for after-dinner
entertainment! :)  His nephew also said that "though he worked for the Erie,
his true love was the PRR" (and I think many people will have exception with
that statement!) The funniest thing I saw, though, was Bob walking into the
vendor room with his wife Ann earlier in the day - wearing an Erie-Lackwanna
cap! :) Our man Bob!

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski_______________________
Lucent Technologies
Mobility Solutions                              Phone: 973-386-4966
MASD Innovations                                Fax: 973-386-4147
67 Whippany Road, Room 15D-116
Whippany, NJ 07981