(erielack) Towers and Interlockings

Hello all,

Hope all is well with everyone.  I have been recently looking through the
mailing list archives and have been finding quite a bit of information that
is interesting and informative.  I am enjoying seeing some of the posts.
One of my search terms was "towers" so I can see a list of the towers that
the EL had.  I found about 1/2 way through the search that George has a list
on his site, but by then I had compiled my own list and was getting some
extra background information.  It has been fun, however, has taken most of
the evening to digest all the information.  Some things that I found that I
would like to clarify:

a) On one post there is a mention of a tower in Dover.  What was the name of
this tower?  I assume that this is Dover, NJ?
b) Another post mentions a Excee tower at Cranford, NJ?  Is this correct?
What is the identifier of this tower?
c) What's Mattes Street Tower designation?
d) Tuxedo was designated "TC."  I also saw a TX in the same post.  Does
anyone have any more information on this tower?  Where is it located?

These are the only questions I have a this time.  I am going to have to go
back over the list and organize it according to tower and also location.  If
anyone is interested I would be willing to share my research.  Before or
after my organzing the list.

I find it difficult to recognize what a tower is and what a interlocking is.
  In other words, on my 1975 Mahoning Division Maintenance Charts I show a
XR, HM, KS.  Are these Interlockings or Towers?  How is one to tell?  Or is
it just by knowing what is there?

Thanks.
Mike Riley
ELHS #3207