(erielack) EL Name

When I lived out in Ohio in the 70s, many people never adopted the
whole "Erie Lackawanna" name.  It was still "Erie" to many.
However, around the time of the Bankruptcy the newspapers
around Marion started calling it the "Erie Lack -a-Money".  EL had
a lot of plans for a classification yard at Marion and it all fell
through when the company requested inclusion in Con Rail (as it
was known then).  That resulted in a lot of jobs lost in Marion.  I'm
not sure the town was happy about loosing the shops and the yard.

Ed Montgomery