Re: (erielack) Recent trains article

Dear Chris and group,

I will try to limit this to a comparison between the new VIA green and
Erie two-tone green.  As for _opinions_ on the VIA paint scheme --
please reply by private e-mail to avoid straying too far afield from EL
subject matter.

The new VIA green and yellow is not even close to Erie two-tone green.
The green selected is a "dark teal" colour, to match the surplus
Nightstar (Chunnel) passenger cars purchased by VIA.  Erie dark green is
much closer to Pullman green.  The new VIA yellow is a cream yellow
(like faded EL yellow, much less intense than Erie yellow), and is only
applied as an accent colour.

Still... a Genesis unit is a Genesis unit.

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>