Re: (erielack) Northampton & Bath

Back in the 60's I rode a fantrip out of Hoboken which covered the entire
Northampton & Bath RR. Everyone who rode got a nice souvenir booklet which
gave a detailed history of the N&B along with several photos . Somewhere in
my collection I still have my copy of the booklet and a couple of photos I
took. The N&B was a U.S. Steel road, a real heads-up operation. After its
abandonment both of the EMD switchers were transferred to other USS plants
and a shortline operator took over service on the remaining section at
Northampton serving the few cement mills. Not sure what the new operation was
called or how long it lasted.

Al Holleuffer

End of ErieLack Digest V3 #444