(erielack) SDP 45 brakewheel notch

List,
    I am not sure it was an FRA thing, as the brakewheel on the 3656 (WC
6634) is still flush with the side of the nose.  I have noticed on the
collection of other SD's out here that it is hit and miss on nuisance
location.  Some have remained flush with the carbody at the rear, some stick
out beyond the carbody side, some stick out and look to be bent downward a
bit and add to this at least three different styles of brakewheel.  I think
during shopping, something might have been changed out in the brakewheel
assembly to cause this pronounced nuisance position.  This sounds like a
rivet counter thing, as it may have to do with the length of the shaft (see
size does matter) that the wheel is attached to.
    As for the other post on this, I am surprised that Cannon has not come
out with the necessary nose side to model this feature.  Maybe a ground
swell of support for this effort by the list can bring it to be.

Bob Chupka