Re: (erielack) Phoebe Snow Model from 1949

Dear Josh,

The Lackawanna built this 1/48 scale (O scale) model to promote the
debut of The Phoebe Snow in late 1949.  Photographs of the model
appeared in a Lackawanna brochure advertising the train.  The "original"
Phoebe Snow (and the latter-day Lackawanna Limited) were powered by F3s;
the first E8s did not arrive until 1950.

I'm not sure what happened to it, but I seem to recall hearing that the
New York Model RR Club acquired it.  I do know the club had an operating
O scale model of the train for many years, so that would make sense.
According to a short promo for the club's annual show that appeared in
Model Railroader many years ago, the G/M/Y streamliner was a perennial
crowd pleaser.  I can imagine it being so, since few if any
commercially- produced models in Lackawanna or EL colours were available
until the past 10 or 15 years.

As for the current whereabouts of the train and the Delaware River
Bridge diorama on which it was displayed, I haven't a clue.  Perhaps one
of the other list members might have some connection to the NY Model RR
Club and can provide an answer.

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>