Re: (erielack) DL&W E8 horns

Dear Group,

OK, I now understand that the audio on the Mark I videos must be taken
with a grain of salt.  I knew at least some of the audios on the tapes
were "fabrications," but wasn't entirely sure which ones (if not all of
them).  In one case, I'm pretty sure I heard the photographer and his
wife debating whether an A-A or A-B-A lashup was approaching them at
Cresco.  That sounded pretty genuine to me (and "hats off" to the missus
for taking an interest)!

I do have a set of genuine EL recordings from Vintage Railroad Audio
(master #s 168, 169, 174 and 175)... have not listened to them yet.
Will let y'all know if they include E8 horns.  If you're interested in
obtaining these cassettes (not yet available on CD) or to request a
catalogue that lists the locomotives on the tapes, contact Jay Winn at
mjandj_@_adelphia.net.

As for the questions I posed previously:

1) Were the 1959 DL&W E8 horn specs (alluded to in the initial post by
Bob Bahrs) modified from their original specifications, or were they
still "as delivered"?

2) Were DL&W and Erie E8s equipped with the same horns prior to the EL
merger?  What about afterwards?

3) Did the DL&W passenger F3s have the same "blat" (single-chime) horns
as the freight F3s?

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>