(erielack) the fate of the EL

Hope everyone is doing very good this holiday season,

    Just thinking about days gone by.  My thoughts of the EL and its role in
Conrail.  Just wanted to see if anyone else had observations, thoughts and
comments on what is to be said on the "treatment" of EL facilities with the
formation of Conrail.  My knowledge (and please correct me if I am wrong) of
Conrail is that after the formation of Conrail that most of the upper
management was from Penn Central.  If I am right this didn't help the EL in
its ability to keep its routes, facilities after its merging into Conrail.
With Penn Central upper management, they certainly would keep their lines
that they knew about and would thus dispose of duplicate/un-necessary EL
lines.  My thoughts on the EL in Conrail is of one as an afterthought.  That
the Southern Tier was degraded to a secondary route and the EL main to
Chicago was abandoned as well as the Dayton Sub, the First Subdivision to
Cleveland and as well as other lines.  Is there more to the story?  Am I
missing something or my thoughts, observations correct?

Watching a video called Vignettes of The Erie Lackawanna Vol. 2 and thinking
what could be, what should be and what we are missing.  Nothing we can do
about it now, life goes on.

Mike Riley