(erielack) "Last?" Alco 16-244 power plant needs a home fast!

A piece of American industrial history, railroad history and New York State
history is about to be destroyed.

Follow the link below to see that what many believe to be the last Alco PA
power plant, the 16-244 model, in North America (and perhaps the world) is
available for sale or possible donation.

It is a desperate situation as the building in South Jersey that houses it
is scheduled for immediate demolition.

I know all the obvious answers about the Smithsonian and such, but as the
following link says, it seems nothing is working. I would think that since
the Smithsonian owns one of the last four PA=B9s, they would GRAB the LAST
original power plant. So far, not happening.

Of the D&H PA=B9s, none retained its 16-244 after rebuilding, so even the two
left intact in Mexico don=B9t have one of these.

If you can help buy it, get it donated or even move it to safe keeping,
please read the post at the link below from Alexander D. Mitchell IV   whos
e-mail is at    lner4472_@_bcpl.net

Mr. Mitchell includes a photo and phone information.

Don=B9t contact me, as I am just spreading the word. Mr. Mitchell has talked
to the owner and I believe the phone numbers are the correct direct way to
reach the owners.

Let=B9s get this one! My donation is ready!

Rob Davis

http://208.56.66.127/cgi-bin/Interchange.pl?read=3D6610