Re: (erielack) re: Diamond and "short" baggage cars"

	I am scanning all the photos that can be put on the
web as we speak and are going to be put on CDs and
sent to George Elwood for his site including a great
many Erie Paper documents. This unfortunately is one
of many on going projects.  ( I have huge collection
of photos that are from C.T. Felstead a long time
friend , Paul Slager , and many others that are still
being sold at shows that are unable to be posted)

	Burlington Horse cars and Theatre Flats Cars  were
standard 85 ft baggage cars that had full open end
doors ( much like the automobile box cars) and or
enlarged inside hung sliding side doors. These were
routed via CZ and through Chicago to NYC for theatre
show sets and later used for head end service. The Q
also had a huge amount ( I believe over 500) of Ex
WWII army kithen cars turned in to head end cars and
eventually MOW bunks and storage.

   The other post may be more accurate as to the
length of the cars I was going off the top of my head.

Rich Young