Re: (erielack) Interesting Lackawanna Timetable

Dear Tim and Group,
Are you sure this were actual setoffs and pickups?  Could they perhaps
have been route segments when the diner was open for meal service, but
the physical car remained in the consist the whole time?

I've seen this sort of thing in timetables before, and descriptions like
"buffet-lounge New York-Scranton and Elmira-Buffalo" lead me to believe
that the car remained in the consist but was closed for servicing, or to
allow the cooks time to make the change from breakfast/lunch to dinner.

Very interesting that your timetable actually says Hoboken in the
service and equipment descriptions.  I'm not sure exactly when it
happened, but it seems that fairly early in the century "New York"
replaced Hoboken and JC in these descriptions in both DL&W and Erie
timetables (but the actual arrival and departure times were shown at
Hoboken or JC, of course).

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>