(erielack) DIAMOND

The Johns-Manville ad was a classic piece of advertising
proclaiming the virtues of asbestos.  You won't see that anymore.

I jokingly tell of how asbestos contributed to the death of my aunt
and uncle.  They built a house in 1932 and the steam heat lines
were insulated with asbestos.  My uncle was nearly 91 when he
died and my aunt live to be 88.

That might have been a different story though for the shopworkers
on steam engines where they were removing or applying asbestos
to boilers.  I wonder what the death rate might have been with
these people.

Ed Montgomery