Re: (erielack) Holiday wishes

Dear Marty and Group,

There are several particularly memorable black and white winter shots in
Krause & Crist's Lackawanna Heritage (unfortunately, B&W doesn't make
for great "desktop wallpaper"):

p23:  Two photos of The Phoebe Snow between Water Gap and Stroudsburg
(one photo shows the E8s and full length of the train as it approaches,
the other shows the tavern-lounge and the remainder of the train
receding around a curve).

p47: DL&W Pocono crossing the high fill of the NJ Cutoff
I'm not a steam-era fan, but I agree with the caption exactly as it
appears in the book: "The photo is an unusual view of the work of giants
set in a Christmas card scene."

If the ELHS or other organiztion were to commission an artist to render
this scene in oil (as was done for The Phoebe Snow and Erie Limited
commemorative prints), I'm sure it would be a top seller!

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>