(erielack) THANK YOU ALL.. Please read!

Just wanted to tell you all THANK YOU so much,
for the overwhelming responses I have recieved from your thougtfulness, on
sending Bill Davidson a card, for his retirement, this holiday season. I
turned my computer on this afternoon to find near THIRTY requests for his
address.. I have saved every one of your responses, and will assemble them,
and your warm comments, in a scrapbook for him, and will give it to him,
along with the plaque I am having made for him, on his last day. People have
come out of the woodwork from all over the country that Bill has touched in
some way, and for the ones who dont know him, appreciate who is is and what
he has seen in his time.. Anywhere you go, near our railroad system, current,
or long ago abandoned, Bill has been there. Whether, down a Doubletracked
Lackawanna Cutoff, running with Andy Barberra, Phoebe Snow, in tow, a local
passenger train on a sunny afternoon, on the ROCKAWAY BRANCH, (abandoned
1948!!!),Dropping milk cars on the Sussex branch, Taking a consolidation for
a spin down the Gladstone branch, Spinning a  4-6-2 on the Dover Turntable or
Barreling down the mainline, with a Hudson, Bill was there. Open up a
Lackawanna, or EL book to any page and look at any locomotive, steam or
diesel.. All the Hudsons, Poconos, Mikados, Consolidations, Pacifics, Every
M.U. every Diesel, even the Original 3001 DL&W Boxcab, which Bill tells me
was "real cold" in the winter to run.  He has seen it all.. Bill will be so
very touched by your cards, and I wish every one of you could see the smile
that will be on his face, when he opens them. Thank you again, one and all.

- -Pat Lederer
12-6-01