Re: (erielack) Re: Atlas N EL TT GP7 / HO Trainmasters Anyone?

This is basically because the Con-Cor e-unit *is* the Model Power unit with
some upgrades.   Roco is the actual maker - the same people who made the
original line of diesels that Atlas imported.   Their FA, Shark and E7/E9
all shared common drives with these big fat 7-pole can motors that would
about pull paint off the wall.  They were so good at the time, some folks
put them in Athearn F-units too.

Eventually Con-Cor started marketing the GP38 and GP40, as well as the E7;
E-R models now handles the Shark, which has really been upgraded, the SD35
shell die went to the folks IHC imports a lot of things from, and I don't
know what became of the SD24.   You can still find the FA (and the shark) as
a Model Power but believe they're old stock.

Seems like the running quality depended on the unit, as my father's Model
Power E7 sounds like it's grinding coffee or something as it runs, but all
of the 4-axle versions I've had both new style and old, have been pretty
quiet.

Bill K.