Re: (erielack) Re: Atlas N EL TT GP7 / HO Trainmasters Anyone?

        Bob and Listers,

        Since you mention patience waiting for just the right model
release, and also Model Power's effort on the old E-9's, I'll throw in my
$.02.
        Years ago, before Proto 2000's E's, I had a fleet of AHM E's
painted and decalled in ERIE 2 tone green.  Didn't care much for their
performance.  So I went the Model Power route.  The layout was in the
basement and I swear you could hear them running from the attic.  But
they pulled like crazy.  I ended up with the AHM shells that looked good
and some Model Power shells that I also painted that also looked good and
a bunch of just so so chassis that had various problems.
        I then found that Con Cor's E-7 chassis fit the shells of both
previous makers and worked well (and quiet) and pulled just as good as
the Model Power.  The shells sit right on the frames. (AHM shells need
the two screw towers removed as tight as you can get against the inside
of the roof.)
        Of course Proto 2000 made this pretty much ancient history.  But
at the time there was darn little ERIE or EL power around right out of
the box.

        Jim Flynn
        ELHS # 2598
jimbatt1_@_juno.com