RE: (erielack) M&E 22

> Somewhere I thought I heard or read that they were really not that
> satisfied with the SW1500, which was what ex-RF&P via
> Conrail?   The next
> thing they bought were those 3 CP C424's -

I know there were initial problems with this CR-rebuild (yes, it's former
RF&P), but I keep hearing this unit is going back to CR/NS...?

Hey, here's a question: The M&E got three C424's. The first one is 21. Their
new GP9R (can I use that term?) is 22. Are the other two C424's for parts
now, or are they just numbering sequentially?

I saw the photo of the unit being painted by Alstom at their former Erie/EL
Hornell shops (required EL content). It's red, with a black roof and yellow
separation stripe (a la the Alcos), and a large yellow chevron on the nose.
The cab face (from the nose up) is yellow, as is the numberboard area.
They're using a different font (and in my opinion, not as nice) that isn' t
the "outlined" style that you see on the 16-20. What makes it look really
odd is that the Alstom paint folks didn't feel like lettering on top of
louvers, so the roadname is very low on the carbody (about 12" off the
walkway!), which makes it look odd and unbalanced.

By the way, the GP9R is a former MK rebuild that has a Sulzer (!!!) prime
mover in it. Apparently, the M&E got it for a steal of a price...

Mike DelVec, any chance of scanning the image so I can put it up somewhere?