(erielack) Meadville Line

I have been reading the comments on the Meadville line and have
some questions about it.  I really didn't know much about it because
I never lived in that area.  I can remember passing under it on I-80
when I was travelling between Ohio and New Jersey.  A couple of
times I also stopped at Cornell University on my way back to NJ.
One of the NY Route 17s travelled along the line.  If I recall, the east
and westbound tracks were seperated by some distance in various
locations.  Or, was this single track territory?

I pulled out one of my Erie timetables from January 10, 1960.  It has
Erie E8's bursting through the Erie diamond.  Train speed wasn't
fantastic, but it looks line passenger trains got over this section of
the road at around 45 to 50 mph back then.

Ed