Re: (erielack) Boonton coachs

Andy -

I believe...(flaming opportunity)...
these are the Boonton cars that have been restored at Steamtown in
Scranton, PA with the roofs painted black and the sides painted pullman
green.  These, I believe, were the original colors.  They just look better
since the repaint than when they ran on the DL&W and EL.  The lighting on
car 567 makes it look like a different paint scheme but that may be a
"close" but slightly different color.  Maybe they ran out of paint and sent
out for another can and couldn't find the right color and took "close to"
but not exact, to get the job done??

- -Joe Jordan

At 08:23 PM 06/04/2000 EDT, "Andrisd_@_aol.com" wrote:
>Hello,
>I was wondering if the following photos were of the "Boonton" coaches
>and if they were in fact a two tone green/gray paint scheme or is this a
>matter of aging, repainting, lighting or a combination of the three.
>Thank You.                     Andy Cole
>
>    //gelwood.railfan.net/pax/dlw-c-561.jpg
>     //gelwood.railfan.net/pax/dlw-c-556.jpg
>     //gelwood.railfan.net/pax/dlw-c-567.jpg

>Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net