Re: (erielack) ERIE PASSENGER Fs

Hi All.
Another question on F units in general...
Why did some have the high-profile roof fans (with the cylindrical
housing rising above the roof line), while others had the more
"streamlined" low-profile fans?  Was there any difference between the
two other than appearance / clearance?

Were the two types of fans available on all F units (F3, F7, F9), or did
they switch exclusively to low-profile fans on later units?  Which was
the "standard" fan?

Cheers,
Alan <"quahog_@_sprint.ca">