Re: (erielack) Flyover Boonton BRanch DLW

Gary R. Kazin wrote:

> The two accesses to the loop were the east leg of the current wye at
> Denville and another track that followed the current alignment of I-80
> roughly from the Denville Firemen's Field to about a half mile east
> of where the Boonton line crosses under I-80.  The second one was
> taken out when the loop closed.

The original northern connection to the Boonton Branch is shown on the
1887 Geological Survey Map 15' Series but is gone from the 1906/1921
map.  The current wye tracks are shown.  So it was abandoned long before
the branch was abandoned.

Gary's explanation is the most plausible.  I will try to find out when
it was built.  I will walk the ROW some Sat or Sun when there is no
service.

bob gillis