Re: (erielack) Flyover Boonton BRanch DLW

In a message dated 5/23/99 10:13:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"iu136_@_cleveland.Freenet.Edu" writes:

<< I'm sorry to differ with Bob Bahrs (Dlw1el2) but the Rockaway Loop
 trains had problems stopping at Denville; many of the didn't.  The
 tracks from the loop (there were two ways to do it) came in east of
 the station at Denville; trains that called at Denville had to back
 up to reach the station (eastbound) or back up after stopping (west-
 bound).

 The two accesses to the loop were the east leg of the current wye at
 Denville and another track that followed the current alignment of I-80
 roughly from the Denville Firemen's Field to about a half mile east
 of where the Boonton line crosses under I-80.  The second one was
 taken out when the loop closed.

Gary

Your not differing, your agreeing. Again, the Rockaway loop trains that made
a Denville station stop used the cement under pass in both directions,
regardless of whether they used the east leg of the wye or the old Ketchem
switch, which disappeared early.

Bob