(erielack) Hoboken Happenings / Erie RR in Jersey City.

To answer David Goessling's question about the cleanup around the MOW canal
etc. That's going to be the proposed location of the Bergen Light Rail
termination in Hoboken. They are supposed to build a coffer dam and back fill
the canal. The LR station will be in that area. (Gary K. can correct me), but
I believe that's what we were told when we when on a "discovery tour" with
the architect who was planning the project (a year ago) .
NJ Transit will be spending around $250 million to restore the entire station
complex as it was it 1911 .....and more. This work is also being done as part
of NJTPA work to improve the facilities when train service is restored to
Scranton and light rail comes in. Then we will have it all in Hoboken.

Ferry:
The existing ferry that runs from a temporary location near track 13 will be
moved to one of the soon to be restored ferry slips, yes... operating the way
it was 50 years ago.

Bergen Light Rail:
Connections to West New York and Bayonne

And finally, Restored Service to Scranton. (Scranton trains will go into
Hoboken until infrastracture improvements are made for NE corridor tunnels
into NYP to add extra capacity.)

Also just signed off in recent months was funding for monorail extension to
go from DL&W Broad Street Newark station to NEC Penn Station to EWR. There
will be so many rail related projects underway in the coming years it's going
to make up for the dark ages in the early 70's when nobody wanted to support
mass transit. We are finally turning the corner.

Seth T.