Subject: Re: (erielack) Harriman, NY "Charles Minot" plaque

I'm sure we have all done things like that. However, being a little older
and a little wiser, I have learned that most of the time, if you ask, you'll
get the go ahead. I was in Hammond, IN a few years ago on the 4th of July.
We stopped in at the IHB facility and found it deserted. We saw the IHB
police building and stopped in. The officer on duty told us to come back in
an hour. We did, and we got a guided tour of the roundhouse, the yards, and
all of the facilities. This guy even took us on top of the roundhouse for a
bird's eye view. When we went to leave he gave us each a hardhat and a cap
with the IHB logo on them and said "No one has ever asked permission to look
around before". Just a little insight.

Blake D. Tatar
"BDTatar_@_worldnet.att.net"

http://home.att.net/~BDTatar/index.htm